The WRT is looking for interns! Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we have flexibility in this position if you’re willing to work from home from where ever you live. Take a look at the description and share it with anyone you think might be interested:
Have you always wanted to work in sports? Are you looking for a way into the sports industry? We have an opportunity for you to grow your resume and gain valuable experience in sports.
We are a professional men’s racquetball tour that hosts fifteen events per year around North, Central and South America. We are seeking individuals who are motivated, self-disciplined, creative and enthusiastic to help us build our social media presence and get more people interacting with us online. We want to create a team that can work together to collaborate, thrive and have fun while helping us all grow.
As a social media intern, you are expected to post regularly on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well as send email blasts to our client lists and sponsors. You will work directly with our Communications Director to create, plan and execute a dynamic approach to our campaign.
We have photos, video footage and articles for you to work with and you will be able to write your own press releases, and if you have experience with Photoshop or editing video, that’s a plus. We will also have production opportunities if you are interested in helping in other aspects of production on a project basis. This is a great position, where you will have room to share your ideas and grow!
- Posting regularly on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and engaging with our audience
- Creating a plan for posting on social media to grow our followers and fans
- Analyzing results from posts and campaigns to measure effectiveness
- Tracking followers and campaign results
- Creating and sending email blasts to our newsletter members
- Writing press releases for upcoming events
- Making appealing and informational videos about our events, players and the company
- Be familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Access to a computer and/or mobile device
- Willingness to think outside the box
- Good attitude and a team player mentality
- Photo and video editing is a plus, but not required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus, but not required
For more information and to inquire about the position, please contact Laura McCormick via email at email@example.com